Boehringer Ingelheim announces the launch of DORACARE® INJECTION containing 10 mg/mL doramectin and is effective in killing internal and external parasites of cattle and pigs that can cause disease and limit production potential.
When used as directed, DORACARE® INJECTION treats and controls doramectin sensitive strains of the following parasites:
Adult and immature gastrointestinal roundworms:
- Ostertagia ostertagi (including inhibited larvae) – Small brown stomach worm
- Haemonchus placei – Barber’s pole worm
- Trichostrongylus axei – Stomach hair worm
- T. colubriformis – Black scour worm
- T. longispicularis*
- Cooperia oncophora – Small intestinal worm
- Cooperia spp.
- Bunostomum phlebotomum* – Hook worm
- Oesophagostomum radiatum – Nodule worm
- Toxocara vitulorum* – Round worm
Adult and immature lungworm:
- Dictyocaulus viviparous
- Sucking Lice Linognathus vituli
- Solenopotes capillatus
- Haematopinus eurysternus
- Effective as an aid in control of biting louse (Bovicola bovis)
- Rhipicephalus [Boophilus] microplus
- For the treatment and control of doramectin sensitive cattle tick, including synthetic pyrethroid, organophosphorus, and amidine resistant strains. The persistence of doramectin prevents the development of viable cattle ticks for a period of 28 days. If presenting cattle for clearance to tick free areas, consult your local tick advisory authority before use.
- Chorioptes bovis
DORACARE® INJECTION also has the following levels of persistent protection against reinfection from the following common and important worm species.
|Species||Period of Protection following treatment|
|Ostertagia ostertagi||Up to 21 days|
|Cooperia oncophora||Up to 14 days|
|Cooperia spp.||Up to 21 days|
|Haemonchus placei||Up to 21 days|
|Dictyocaulus viviparus||Up to 28 days|
|Up to 21 days|
|Trichostrongylus axei||Up to 21 days|
|Up to 21 days|
DORACARE® INJECTION is available exclusively through the CRT network of stores.
We look forward to providing DORACARE® INJECTION – doramectin injection for cattle and pigs as an additional option to the Ancare Range brought to you by Boehringer Ingelheim.
*See product label for full claim details and directions for use. MERIAL Australia Pty Ltd. Level 1, 78 Waterloo Road, North Ryde, NSW 2113 Australia (ABN 53 071 187 285).
®DORACARE is a registered trademark of Merial Limited. ©2017 MERIAL Limited. All rights reserved. Merial is now part of Boehringer Ingelheim. DORA-171005